Saturday, June 04, 2005

Brighton and more.

Due to the excitement I conveyed in my last posting about the Tower (and indeed the photo of me leaping about with enthusiasm), I have poured myself a bundy and coke to help with the description of our trip to Brighton last weekend. In fact if I drink a few more bundy and cokes plus some beers I will be able to relive our experiences of Brighton.
Excuse me for a few minutes while I knock down half of this Bundy/coke.
.........
Thats better.
I must take this opportunity to thank Tony Scott and Naomi the policewoman, both formerly of Kowanyama, for bringing me this bottle of 1125ml Bundaberg Rum from Australia. It was a lovely birthday present for my 26th birthday a couple of weeks ago. My other mate from Kowie, Dan Frenchie gave me a bottle of Gordon's gin which went down a real treat.

It has been great having my 2 good buddies from Kowie around since we returned from Turkey. Having lots of fun kicking footballs and drinking beer.

Our trip to Brighton with M, Tony, Dan, Pippa, and Naomi (Tony's mate from Kowie) was great.
I bought these cheap, group, allday Thameslink rail passes from Greenwich tourist centre the day before - 4 people for 25 quid.
We cruised down there early in the morning and it was great to see the sea again. Naomi had brought over some footies from Oz (league and AFL), and we kicked around the AFL ball on the beach. After a mid-morning croissant Frenchie found a brochure about fishing on a boat for 90mins -only 12 quid including rod hire. We jumped at the chance and set off walking to the marina.
Us lads had an absolute ball on the boat, while the girls went shopping.
We were jigging for mackeral and while some kids had some luck -catching some mackeral under 20cm long - we didn't catch anything. We had a great time drinking fosters though.
The fishing trip has got to rate as one of my best memories so far in this country - which is not saying much for London.
The rest of the day consisted of more beer drinking and kicking the ball around on the rocky beach. It might not seem exciting but I assure you it was very fun.
It was awesome being at the beach and we will have to do another one soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home